Hilariously wry social commentary, delivered as a guide to modern manners; in hardcover for the first time, with gold spot gloss on the jacket, plum judgey-pops across the endpapers, and the tour de force bonus essay “We Didn’t Do Better”
In this hilarious book of essays, comedian, activist, and hugely popular culture blogger Luvvie Ajayi inspires us to good behavior, one sharp and funny side-eye at a time.
The go-to source for bracingly smart takes on pop culture at her enormously popular blog AwesomelyLuvvie.com, she has also become a bulwark of good humor and crucial common sense at what can seem a common sense-free time. I’m Judging You dissects our cultural obsessions and calls out bad behavior in our increasingly digital, connected lives. With a lighthearted, rapier wit and a unique perspective, it’s the handbook the world needs now, doling out the hard truths and a road map for bringing some “act right” to our popular culture, social media, and our lives.
PAPERBACK PUBLISHED 9/13/16 | HARDCOVER RELEASED 11/21/17
- Instant New York Times Bestseller
- #1 Washington Post Bestseller
- USA Today Bestseller
- Goodreads Choice Awards Finalist
- Redbook “20 Books By Women You Must Read this Fall”
- GoodHousekeeping.com “17 New Best New Books to Read This Fall”
- BookRiot “100 Must-Read Hilarious Books”
- Winner of the 2017 Audie Award for Humor
“This truth-riot of a book gives us everything from hilarious lectures on the bad behavior all around us to razor sharp essays on media and culture. With I’m Judging You, Luvvie brilliantly puts the world on notice that she is not here for your foolishness — or mine.”
— Shonda Rhimes (author of Year of Yes and executive producer of Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy)
Press for I’m Judging You
- Luvvie Ajayi: The Internet’s Newest Comic Phenom – The New York Times
- Started From the Blog, Now We’re Here: When Shonda Rhimes Wants to Turn Your Book Into a TV Show, Let Her – TheRoot.com
- Luvvie Ajayi Made Herself a Best-Selling Author. Here’s How – Inc.
- Shondaland To Develop Luvvie Ajayi’s Book ‘I’m Judging You’ As Cable Series – Deadline
- Luvvie Ajayi Offers Up Some ‘Act-Right’ in New Book ‘I’m Judging You’ – Chicago Tonight
- 10 books I loved and learned from in 2016 – Chicago Tribune
- Best-selling author Luvvie Ajayi talks debut book, “I’m Judging You: The Do Better Manual” – Good Morning Washington
- Luvvie Ajayi Talks Debut Book & Dismisses ‘Microwave Fame’ – NewsOne Now
- Blogger Luvvie Ajayi Is Judging You With Her New Book – NPR
- Luvvie Ajayi Is Judging Us All In Her New Book And We’re Thankful For It – Huffington Post
- A Side-Eye Manifesto – Chicago Magazine
- Chicago’s Luvvie Ajayi is ‘Judging You,’ and it’s painfully hilarious – Chicago Tribune
- Author Luvvie Ajayi on Life and her New Book: I’m Judging You – NBCBLK
- 17 Best New Books to Read This Fall – GoodHousekeeping.com
- Blogger Luvvie Ajayi On Your Foibles And Why They’re Funny – WBEZ Morning Shift
- 100 Must-Read Hilarious Books – BookRiot
- Luvvie Ajayi Is Only Judging You Because She Wants You to Do Better – TheRoot.com
- Luvvie Ajayi is Judging You – Talk to Jess podcast
- I’M JUDGING YOU: A Conversation with Luvvie – #MyTaughtYou podcast
- The 14 Nonfiction Titles You Just HAVE to Read – PopSugar
- 20 Books By Women You Must Read This Fall – Redbook Magazine
- Kirkus Reviews
- Publisher’s Weekly
Yes, there is an I’M JUDGING YOU audiobook and you can order it from Audible now! I read it myself.
I have a large international readership so I’m working on a definitive answer for this! But some of the bookstores that carry it ship internationally, like Barnes & Nobles. Amazon also does. Canadians, you’re all good too. You can buy the Kindle or Nook version too!
Yes. The star of my cover is a shady lollipop I have now named JudgeyPop. It has its’ own Instagram account (@JudgeyPop)! It will be showing on many types of products. I’m especially excited about the mug you’ll be able to put on your desk, to side-eye folks who wanna talk to you before you have your morning coffee.
Yes, you can certainly place a bulk order for the books. Email Luvvie at Luvvie@aweluv.com!
About the Author
Luvvie Ajayi is an award-winning writer, pop culture critic, and professional troublemaker who thrives at the intersection of comedy, technology, and activism. She is the person who often says what you’re thinking but dared not to because you have a filter and a job to protect. Her site AwesomelyLuvvie.com is where she covers all things pop culture, from TV to movies to travel to race. Her first book, titled I’M JUDGING YOU: The Do Better Manual will be released on September 13, 2016.
She is also a digital strategist, noted speaker and Executive Director of The Red Pump Project, a national HIV/AIDS organization that raises awareness about the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls.
In 2016, Luvvie was selected as part of Oprah’s Inaugural Supersoul 100 list. She was named the 2016 Influencer of the Year at the Iris Awards, a 2015 Black Innovator by XFINITY Comcast, and is a past winner of the Women’s Media Center’s Social Media Award for using her voice and humor for pop culture critique, gender, and racial justice.
An alum of the University of Illinois, Luvvie leverages her background in Marketing, Communications and New Media as a digital strategist. She helps clients maximize their online presence by using social media tools effectively and is a noted speaker on topics related to blogging, branding, nonprofit communications, activism, and comedy. She has presented at several conferences around the world, including SXSW, Social Media Week (Nigeria, South Africa), Techne Summit (Egypt), Nonprofit Technology Conference, BlogHer, AFTRA Broadcast Conference, FOCUS100, Social Media for Nonprofits Conference, among others.